Stuck writing vows? Instead of trying to construct sentences, print out this blog post and answer these questions. From the answers you’ll have, I think you’ll have a pretty good foundation for creating some vows.
- What are the purpose of YOUR wedding vows?
- Why are you getting married?
- When did you know you wanted to marry your partner?
- Why do you want to marry them?
- What do you hope will change, or improve, when you are married?
- How do you want your partner to feel as they receive the vows?
- What commitment are you actually making?
- What is something cute your partner does?
- What was a defining moment in your relationship?
- What defines your relationship now?
- What is something they do that drives you wild?
- What will define your relationship in the future?
- What do they do that always makes you smile?
- What do you just love about them?
- Why do you love them?
- Why will you always love them?
- What’s something funny they do?
- What’s something super cute they say?
- Is there something special you want to promise?
- Where do you see you both being in 1 year? 5 years? 50 years?
No you’ve answered those questions, copy and paste the answers into a vow. Start out by making them feel like a million dollars. Compliment them, encourage them, affirm them. Let them know you’re here for them and them only. Now, make a promise, make a vow, peraps even many promises or vows. This is the “why” behind the “let’s get married”. Then wrap it all up with a quick look to the future, create a path forward for the both of you.
Now you’re vowing! Just make sure you keep it legal with the legally required vows in Australia.